The 5th Adult Immunisation Forum will take place on Monday, 28 June 2021 and will be a virtual event due to the ongoing uncertainties with COVID restrictions.
This one day event is free and will continue to build on the success of our previous forums, aiming:
- to better understand the burden of vaccine preventable diseases in adults
- to build an awareness of the challenges and strategies for improved vaccination in adults
- to hear the latest developments in vaccine programs for adults
- to consider ways of improving knowledge about immunisation best practice
The meeting will be of particular interest to health professionals, immunisation specialists, policy makers and anyone else working on the front line of public health.
Speakers and topics
- COVID-19 Update – Dominic Dwyer
- COVID vaccine – Community response – Jessica Kaufman
- Innovations in Vaccine Design – Paul Griffin
- Influenza VE in the Elderly – Stefan Gravenstein (USA)
- Aged care update – Michael Murray
- Herpes Zoster – Tony Cunningham
- Meningococcal Disease in Australia – Monica Lahra
- Pneumococcal Disease – Tony Korman
- Pneumo-smart vaccination tool – Angela Newbound
- White Paper Presentation – Improving VCR in adults – Paul Griffin & Rod Pearce
- Pertussis vaccine in over 50s – Mary-Louise McLaws
- COVID-19 – The Indian Coal Face – Raja Dhar (India)
Disclaimer: This article was provided by Immunisation Coalition. While every effort has been made to ensure the information is accurate, North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network does not warrant or represent the accuracy, currency and completeness of any information or material included within.