Continuing Professional Development
3 CPD points available
Thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS), also known as vaccine-induced thrombosis and thrombocytopenia (VITT), is due to an immunological response to the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine resulting in a pro-thrombotic state and low platelets.
We invite GPs to join this webinar on the identification and management of thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS). This webinar will cover:
- latest incidence rates in age groups
- incidence of different TTS clinical types
- presentation and identification
- GP management guidelines.
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- identify thrombosis and thrombocytopenia
- describe the management of TTS and appropriate referral pathways
- discuss with patients the risks of TTS following AZ.
- Dr Scott Parsons – GP Clinical Editor, HealthPathways Melbourne
- A/Prof Nigel Crawford – Director SAEFVIC (Victorian Vaccine Safety Service)
- Dr Anita Muñoz – Chair, Victoria Faculty RACGP
Enquiries: Josie Terron (03) 9046 0300 or firstname.lastname@example.org