Online suicide prevention training
We offer free online suicide prevention training for everyone in our region.
Two types of training are available:
- LivingWorks Start
- Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR).
LivingWorks Start suicide prevention training
Recognise when someone is having thoughts of suicide and respond to keep them safe.
LivingWorks Start is a free 90-minute online training program that gives trainees skills to recognise when someone is having thoughts of suicide, and responses to keep them safe.
We’re providing free licences for people in our region. The training is suitable for community members, health professionals and primary health care workers.
The training features:
- leading-edge, skill-building content that goes beyond just awareness
- interactive simulations and scenarios
- content customised for learners’ needs
- built-in safety resources for trainees and others
- ongoing access to resources and skills practice.
Training is free: sign up today by completing this form to sign up. The training can be completed on mobile or desktop devices.
We will email you instructions to complete the program. Once you have completed the training you will receive a certificate of completion.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com
QPR suicide prevention training
Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR): three steps anyone can learn to help prevent suicide.
QPR training gives you:
- knowledge and skills to identify warning signs that someone may be suicidal
- confidence to talk to others about suicidal thoughts
- assistance to connect others with professional care.
QPR training is free and only takes an hour to complete.
- Visit lifespan.qprtraining.com/setup
- Use one of the following Organisational Codes:
- NSP (if you live, work or study in north, west or inner suburbs of Melbourne)
- PBT (if you live, work or study in Melton, Brimbank or Macedon Ranges)
- Fill in your details and an email will be sent to you with your login details.
Once you have completed the training you will get a certificate. Your licence is valid for three years.