8 February 2019
We are a group of academics and GPs responsible for writing the RACGP Whitebook Abuse and violence: Working with our patients in general practice.
Following a successful pilot study, we’ve received National Health and Medical Research Council, federal and state government funding to run the HARMONY study, tailored specifically to respond to violence in Indian and other South Asian communities.
What does the HARMONY study offer?
If you are a GP of South Asian background, we would like to work with your practice by offering:
- free RACGP accredited family violence training and resources for all practice staff
- dedicated support (phone/in clinic) from a specialist bilingual family violence caseworker
- feedback on patient progress
- opportunities to join other participating GPs for telephone case discussion with expert input
- $500 reimbursement to the practice for participation
Interested? Please contact study coordinator Dr Ann Wilson, Judith Lumley Centre, Latrobe University by email: email@example.com or phone: (03) 9479 3955.