North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network (NWMPHN) is seeking 4 general practices within the north western Melbourne region to take part in a new program placing non-dispensing pharmacists into general practice.
There is strong evidence that a team-based model of primary care is more cost-effective, and can improve equity and access to health services. NWMPHN has commissioned the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia (PSA) to implement the Pharmacists in General Practice program to support the growing number of patients with complex needs.
General practices will benefit from:
- Access to an experienced pharmacist tailored to your practices’ needs
- Increased time for GP consultations
- More integrated patient care
- A pharmacist who can support activities that enhance MBS billing
- A pharmacist who can respond to complex medicinal queries and provide education to practice staff
How to apply
Please send your completed EOI application form to email@example.com by 4pm, Friday 19 January 2018.