- Subscribe to Victoria’s Chief Health Officer Alerts at health.vic.gov.au/newsletters
- Read daily updates from the Chief Health Officer.
- Nominate someone in your practice or service to check the COVID-19 hub on the DHHS website regularly to make sure you have the latest copies of the:
- quick reference guide and checklist
- guidelines for health services and general practitioners
- case definition and testing criteria.
- Follow DHHS and the Chief Health Officer on Twitter.
How to stay informed
Page last updated: 1:00pm, 9 December 2021.
COVID-19 advice and information can change rapidly. Make sure your general practice or health service stays up-to-date with the latest official information from the following organisations.
Victorian Department of Health and Human Services
Australian Department of Health
Visit the Department of Health website for information about how the Australian Government is monitoring and responding to the outbreak.
We encourage GPs to subscribe to the Department’s email updates.
Official Australian COVID-19 app
The Australian Government has released an official app with the information you need to know about coronavirus (COVID-19).
Official Australian COVID-19 WhatsApp channel
The Australian Government has started an official WhatsApp channel with the information you need to know about COVID-19.
Message +61 400 253 787 or go to aus.gov.au/whatsapp in your web browser to get COVID-19 information you can trust from the official Australian Government chatbot.
North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network
North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network (NWMPHN) is providing localised COVID-19 information by email. Please subscribe below if you are not receiving these emails:
- General practices, pharmacies and primary care providers
- Organisations delivering services commissioned by NWMPHN
Follow us on Twitter for real-time updates.