What is COVID Monitor?
COVID Monitor has now replaced the REDCap system for patient monitoring.
COVID Monitor is a secure, online portal that allows you to view all of the patients enrolled in the model from your practice in one, clear dashboard.
COVID Monitor allows practices to:
- view a list of COVID-19 positive patients associated with your practice – those in low-risk GP care but also visibility of those in the medium and high risk categories
- see individual patient details including timelines (such as swab date) and symptom history
- set up scheduled follow up if required
- request discharge from program
- enter symptoms on the patient record as part of your consultation (a PDF is available for upload into your clinical documentation system or you can cut and paste directly into clinical notes)
- view patient reported symptoms (if a patient chooses to enter them – patients in the low risk stream are no longer sent daily reminders to complete these) .
Please note that patients will appear on COVID Monitor if they have a positive PCR, or have submitted details of a positive RAT. Only patients who are not stratified into the self care stream will be on COVID Monitor.
Access to the system
Access to the system is by 2-factor authentication (an email and password then a secure pin). To ensure that all practices are able to access the system we are setting practices up with a generic log in, using a practice email that can be used from go live.
It is strongly encouraged that each user at the practice (GPs, nurses, practice managers) who is involved in managing and coordinating care for COVID-19 patients registers with a unique log in. This will allow the secure PIN to be sent to individual emails, and allows for any notifications about patients to be sent by SMS.
Training and support
Please note that these resources have not been updated to reflect that patients in the low risk stream are no longer sent daily reminders to report symptoms.
- COVID Monitor Walkthrough
- Introduction for COVID Monitor for Practice Managers (overview and walkthrough)