Facilitated by Dr Nick Medland, Consultant Sexual Health Physician - Melbourne Sexual Health Centre, this evening update over dinner aims to update and inform healthcare professionals who may see syphilis, gonorrhoea and chlamydia in primary practice.
- Identify at-risk patients to screen, take a sexual history and test for syphilis, gonorrhoea and chlamydia
- Describe the clinical presentation of gonorrhoea, syphilis and chlamydia
- Correctly perform testing for chlamydia, gonorrhoea and syphilis
- Manage patient treatment, contact tracing and referrals for syphilis, gonorrhoea and chlamydia
- Identify patients for pre-exposure prophylaxis and initiate treatment, monitor renal function and screen for STIs and HIV appropriately