Allied Health Practitioners
Continuing Professional Development
615 St Kilda Road
MELBOURNE VIC 3004
Do you want to be equipped to provide information and support about weight management to clients as part of routine care?
This RACGP accredited one day intensive training is for health professionals who want to learn how to effectively engage in conversations about health and weight, including intervening early to reduce the risk of chronic disease. A range of resources will be provided and a significant amount of time on the day is dedicated to practicing the skills taught.
Stavroula Zandes and Alison McAleese facilitate the course. Stavroula has over 20 years’ experience delivering behaviour change training on a range of challenging topics. Alison is an experienced dietitian specialising in weight management and prevention of chronic disease.
You will learn how to:
- Explain how being above a healthy weight increases patient’s risk for 13 different cancers.
- Apply motivating and non-stigmatising language when discussing weight management during consultation with patients.
- Assess patients using the Stages of Change model when addressing a healthy body weight. Integrate the 5As framework when delivering weight management interventions.
- Recommend evidence-based resources to support your patients with weight management.
- Demonstrate motivational interviewing techniques for weight management.