At the successful completion of this program the clinician should:
• Have knowledge and understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the ear
• Be able to perform a comprehensive ear health assessment
• Recognise abnormalities of the auditory system
• Recognise the need for refer to medical staff or specialist
• Give the patient a comprehensive explanation of examination ﬁndings
• Document the examination ﬁndings and outcome in the patient’s history.
This program is available to Registered and Enrolled Nurses, General Practitioners, Audiometrists, Indigenous Health Care Workers, and Allied Health Care Workers.