This course is free, lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Learning outcomesThrough online learning and interactive face-face teaching, participants will learn to:
- Screen at-risk patients, accurately diagnose CHB infection and assess phase of the disease.
- Monitor patients appropriately, establish suitability for treatment and refer to specialist care if indicated.
- Discuss aims of treatment, antiviral treatment options, duration of therapy and definitions of response.
- Monitor patients on treatment according to established protocols, recognise and manage resistance, hepatitis flares and response.
- Recognise risk factors, clinical signs, symptoms and complications of advanced liver disease and manage or refer to specialist care appropriately.
General Practitioners; Medical Officers, GP registrars, Prison Doctors, Drug and Alcohol Doctors, Refugee Doctors
Conditions of Registration - Registration cancellation:
Registration cancellations and amendments must be notified in writing to ASHM. Cancellations received before Wednesday 18 October 2017 will not incur a cancellation fee. Cancellations received in writing after Wednesday 18 October 2017 will incur a $110 per day cancellation fee. This fee may be waived in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of ASHM.
For more course information, please contact May Wang at 02 8204 0723.
Link to register: http://www.ashm.org.au/eventinfo/?id=40e45101-7855-e711-810f-3863bb2e6b78