Having difficulties not related to Internet Explorer? Please contact: email@example.com
This 3.5 hour, face to face, introductory workshop aimed at nurses currently managing/looking to manage patients with hepatitis C.
- Populations at risk of hepatitis C infection
- Hepatitis C transmission and testing
- The role of primary care in diagnosis, management and treatment of advanced liver disease, cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Current hepatitis C treatments
- The role of primary health care nurses in hepatitis C diagnosis, management and monitoring support during treatment
- The negative impact of stigma and discrimination for people with hepatitis C
- The importance of lifestyle modification factors on hepatitis C progression, including general health and wellbeing
- Models of Care
Gabrielle Bennett is a Registered Nurse/Midwife with experience working in a variety of community settings around the issues of drug use, blood borne viruses, sexual health and primary health care. She has worked in policy, education, public health and clinical settings. She has extensive experience in working with marginalised communities and is currently the Victorian Viral Hepatitis Educator at St Vincent’s.
For the past 6 1/2 years, Lisa Stothers (RN, Post. Grad. Cert. Critical Care) has worked in rural and metropolitan areas providing viral hepatitis treatment and management to marginalized patients. Her role has also involved providing support, education & consultative services to GPs and Primary Health Care Nurses to up-skill in hepatitis C management. Lisa is also involved in hepatitis C research. Current memberships include Prime Study Steering Committee, NWPHN Steering Committee, Eliminate Hepatitis C Partnership Clinical Pathways working group and Education & Training working group.