This interactive case discussion session will be facilitated by:
Associate Professor Joe Sasadeusz, Infectious Diseases Physician at the Hepatitis Clinic - The Royal Melbourne Hospital.
- Describe natural history of hepatitis C virus infection
- Know when to test for hepatitis C virus infection
- Know how to interpret test results and diagnose hepatitis C virus infection
- Know how to prescribe direct acting antiviral treatment for hepatitis C virus in consultation with a specialist
- Know how to monitor patients on direct acting antiviral treatment and assess if treatment has been curative