This event is intended to support GPs eligible to prescribe s100 HBV treatment as well as increase GPs confidence in managing people living with CHB. GPs with complex cases are encouraged to attend, as are low-caseload GPs who can benefit from hearing cases regularly. All GPs are encouraged to bring along their cases for discussion.
Outer Metro and regional HBV s100 Prescribers are strongly encouraged to attend via webinar if not able to make it in person. If you wish to join via webinar, please email email@example.com for more information.
Presenter: Associate Professor Benjamin Cowie - Infectious diseases physician and epidemiologist with appointments at The Doherty Institute, the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services, and the University of Melbourne.
Ben has been involved in the development of health public policy in relation to viral hepatitis in Australia and internationally, and in 2015 was named the inaugural Director of the WHO Collaborating Centre for Viral Hepatitis at The Doherty Institute.
A light dinner will be provided.
Dinner and registration: 6.30 - 7.00 pm
Session: 7.00 - 9.00 pm
Registrations are essential. RSVP by Thursday 21st March 2019
- Screen at-risk patients, accurately diagnose CHB infection and assess phase of the disease
- Monitor patients appropriately, establish suitability for treatment
- Describe aims of treatment, antiviral treatment options, duration of therapy and definitions of response
- Monitor patients on treatment according to established protocols, recognise and manage treatment response, resistance, hepatitis flares, & encourage compliance
- List risk factors, clinical signs, symptoms and complications of advanced liver disease and appropriately manage or refer to specialist care.