Improve COVID-19 vaccination rates in under-vaccinated patients
About this activity
Use the QI template below to improve COVID-19 vaccination rates in unvaccinated and under-vaccinated patients.
- Use data from the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) to identify unvaccinated and under-vaccinated patients.
- Ask parents bringing their children for routine vaccinations if they have had their booster shot.
- Adopt the ‘every patient every time’ mantra to ask your patients if they are aware of booster dose availability, discuss their importance, due date and how to access an appointment.
- Consider a broad email, phone or SMS campaign to inform your patient base and make it easy for them to book an appointment.
- Put a poster in your clinic’s waiting room to remind patients about booster doses. Posters and other resources are available on the Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care website.
Download the QI template below for more improvement ideas.
Download a template for this activity
Complete the form below to download the QI template and examples for this activity.