- Screen at-risk patients, accurately diagnose CHB infection and assess phase of the disease
- Monitor patients appropriately, establish suitability for treatment
- Describe aims of treatment, antiviral treatment options, duration of therapy and definitions of response
- Monitor patients on treatment according to established protocols, recognise and manage treatment response, resistance, hepatitis flares, & encourage compliance
- List risk factors, clinical signs, symptoms and complications of advanced liver disease and appropriately manage or refer to specialist care.